Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Cold weather and Georgia

 

I wanted to write something poetic about the cold weather and November, but no. I'm not going to. Why? Because I'm blunt and I like getting to the point ASAP instead of making everything sound "magical." And because in reality, cold weather isn't always "magical." It actually kinda sucks. Well, sometimes.
While I do like having the fireplace on and wearing warm clothes and all, I hate the constant struggle of a runny nose, stiff hands, and honestly, jeans don't offer much protection from the cold, which results in a cold bum down to cold feet.
Like I said, I'm blunt. ;)

With November almost being over, Walmart has so graciously put up a sign that says "Christmas: 37 days" right when you enter the building. (*Insert Luke Skywalker, "Nooooooooooo!"*).
Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and Christmas-y stuff, but can we at least get to Thanksgiving first? :)




So, on December 2nd my family will be flying to Georgia and we'll be there for 10 days. I look forward to the flying part because I love airplanes and flying, and I also look forward to seeing our family. It will be my first time in Georgia since moving here to Washington. (We've been here for a year and eight months.) Actually it will be everyone, except for Morgan and Mom's, first time going to Georgia since our move!


I'm not quite sure what our "official" itinerary is while we're in GA, but we plan on going to some of the restaurants that WA doesn't have and to some of the "classic" places. Like our favorite little park that is by our previous house.

We're going to try to visit our librarians, our old coworkers, etc. I know that may sound strange, but in Georgia your librarians, coworkers, etc. become your friends. Heck, the gas station dude might even be your friend! ;)  ;)



It's kind of funny getting on Google maps and going into street mode and seeing all the places I use to go to and all the memories that come to my mind when I "passed" by them.

I saw one house on Google maps and I remember that there was an elderly lady in GA that was always mowing her lawn in the middle of summer and dad was driving by one day and wanted to help her, so he pulled his car over and asked her if he could help. She wouldn't let him because she had to do it for her health, but she really appreciated the offer.
I remember seeing her a few times.

I remember at the gas stations while you were pumping your gas you would have a conversation with another person pumping their gas and in a matter 5 minutes you could know a good bit about the person's life.

Georgia's like that. :)

The more I think about it, the more excited I am to go back. :)






What's your Thanksgiving/Christmas plans? 

PS- the pictures above were taken in our yard. I love all the bright reds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik